Thursday, January 27, 2011

Detox Day Twelve

The good...
I have two days left on my detox. I no longer feel out of sorts. In fact, I feel pretty darn good, if I must say so myself. I have more energy than I've had in a long while and I actually have been looking forward to exercise. Bless the Lord!

The gooder...
Since I only have two days remaining, today was about transitioning from detox mode into lifestyle mode. The detox has (with the exception of a few minor blips) weaned me off of my sugar addiction. I am also—like a can of Sprite or a cup of herbal tea—caffeine free! I have learned to love drinking water again. Moving forward doesn't seem daunting with these healthy habits under my belt. Bless the Lord!

The goodest...
John Gordon wrote, in his book Energy Addict, that we should "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card." What I understand this to mean is that our heaviest meal should be at breakfast, lunch should be pared down, and dinner should be the lightest meal of the day. Honestly, most of us, myself included, eat the other way around (little to no breakfast, light lunch, and heavy dinner). Today, as I went downstairs to prepare my lunch, I was suddenly conscious of this principle. (Thank you, Holy Spirit!) While my breakfast of Raisin Bran and soy milk wasn't necessarily fit for a queen, I ate a heavier lunch (bbq chicken with steamed broccoli drizzled with a bit of olive oil), with the intention of having a salad with sliced grilled lamb for dinner. Bless the Lord!

Can it get any better...
Cabin fever did not get the best of me and the orange I snacked on was indeed sufficient! (As it were, cabin fever did get the best of me...instead of a cookie, hubby and I went to the gym. I was in my element at ZUMBA this evening.) More than that, in the latter part of the day I worked on my presentation for the Pray Away the Pounds orientation that will be held at Bethesda on Sunday after morning worship. I am writing the vision and making it plain, not only for my own life, but also in service to those in my congregation. As I prepared, for the first time I recognized obesity not only as a nation epidemic that plagues American society, but as a spiritual stronghold that the body of Christ needs to be delivered from. The Scripture says that, "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed" (Jon 8:36). With my spiritual eyes, I can see myself, my pastor, and my congregation free from the grips of obesity! Won't you bless the Lord with me! Hallelujah!



- Posted using BlogPress on the fiercest device ever...the iPad!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment