Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Detox Day Ten

The good...
The doorbell rang at 7:42 this morning. Hubby looked surprised. I, on the other hand, knew exactly who it was. Who was it, you ask? It was the Peapod guy delivering wonderful goodies from Stop-n-Shop! (Ordered on my iPad, by the way...) I must admit, ordering groceries online really makes you think about food choices. As I added items to my cart, I asked the questions, "Do we really need this?" and "Is this detox approved food?" For me, shopping for groceries online ensures that a container of cookies or a bag of Fritos doesn't make its way into my cart. Seeing snack foods makes me want snack foods. But, when clicking online, I sought out only that which we needed. Besides, how cool is it to have someone bring you blueberries, strawberries, and baby carrots in the morning? This, my friends, was better than coffee...

The gooder...
Part of the reason why the delivery was better than coffee is because it was right on time. I was making moves in the kitchen already, but the Peapod guy brought just what I needed to switch up my breakfast routine. Instead of oatmeal or Raisin Bran, I had a delicious smoothie made with fresh strawberries, peanut butter, and soy milk. I would have added banana, but the bananas that came were a little green for my taste.

The goodest...
Peapod delivery. Check. Delicious Smoothie. Check. And to think, all of this happened before 8 a.m. thus making it possible for me to make it to the 8:30 a.m. Zumba class. I had never been to Zumba before and I know that I am supposed to take it easy with my workouts during the detox, but this class was calling my name. And I had no excuses...I had plenty of time to get into my clothes and make it to the gym. So, off I went. The instructor was a feisty Chinese woman. The music was a blend of latin and caribbean riddems. I worked areas of my body that had not been worked out since my partying days in the mid-nineties. Seriously. It was sooooooo much fun and I was dripping with sweat. Without the morning hangover, this one hour workout was equivalent to clubbing all night. At one point, my legs didn't want to go anymore, but I was having so much fun that I did not stop them. I cannot remember the last time I actually smiled through most of a workout. I am definitely a fan of Zumba!

Can it get any better...
In preparation for, "It's Wednesday, so it must be church day" I am ironing our clothes and packing my lunch tonight. With these chores out of the way, unless the sleepy monster strikes, I will be able to make it to the gym in the morning before getting on the road to NY. I am considering going to the 8:30 a.m. Body Works Plus Abs class. I'd love to make it to spinning, but I'm not yet committed enough to rise and be at the gym for a 5:45 a.m. class.

Also of note is the fact that I have been getting up in the morning and staying up until bedtime. I haven't napped in about a week! This is huge for me. As the gunk and junk are being cleansed from my system, I have increased energy to get up, stay up, and be active. I know I still have four days remaining, but this detox can be likened to a tune-up for the body! I am running way more efficiently now than I was in the weeks and months leading up to this.

- Posted using BlogPress on the fiercest device ever...the iPad!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rev i just signed up for pea pod, iam sure i will enjoy doing my grocery shopping on line, i quess i will save a lot of money by doing this. keep up the good work at the gym, i am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete