Thursday, January 20, 2011

Detox Day Five

The good...
I have increased energy. I can feel it and my friend, Kimberly, said that she can hear it in my voice. I had a great 30 minute workout at the gym. I didn't push myself too hard, but I did break a nice sweat. In the words of James Brown, I feel good. I knew that I would!

The bad...
Instead of visions of sugarplums dancing in my head, this morning I had visions of the greasiest sausage, egg, and cheese dancing in my head. Not only was it dancing in my head, but it was like I could taste it...and it was good! But it had no power over me because I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me (Romans 8:37). So, for breakfast I enjoyed a hard boiled egg with my new favorite food, Costco's Kirkland Signature Raisin Bread, which is loaded with fiber.

The ugly...
The "ugliest" part of the day only lasted for a few moments. I had a headache like you wouldn't believe. In many ways I am grateful for the headache. It signals to me that I have reached the apex of my caffeine withdrawal...it will be smooth sailing from here on out! Also ugly...the six thousand,three hundred,and fifty-four times I've gone to the restroom since waking up. With all of this water drinking, I should take up permanent residence in the bathroom. Nine more days. Nine more days...

The better...
I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow. I figured since I'm cleansing my liver, kidneys, and colon that I might as well get the kinks and tension worked out of my back. Just the thought of a massage makes me relax.

- Posted using BlogPress on the fiercest device ever...the iPad!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are stronger than a sausage egg and cheese sandwich and coffee combined. I never thought I could give up wine AND brie AND coffee for not 9 days but 9+ months but as soon as I tapped into my LOVE for my baby and me, I was instantly invincible and no weapon formed against me could prosper.

    More Love/More Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so happy that things are getting easier and better for you , you know that i am not happy because you had a massage without me. keep up the good work i know you can do anything you put your mind to it

    ReplyDelete