Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sometimes I crack myself up....

This morning I woke up at 7:00am. It was another one of those days when I didn't feel like getting out of bed. This time I knew what it was. The snow was falling and my head was hurting. I am connected to the earth, my biological systems are tied to her weather systems. When the barometric pressure changes too quickly I can be assured that a migraine will ensue. Needless to say, my head was hurting and Church History, no matter how much of an intellectual crush I have on Dr. Davis, was not the place I wanted to be.

But I got up, and checked my email to find that Dr. Davis cancelled class because the weather was bad and streets had not been plowed in his neck of the woods. So, I praised and thanked God that I didn't have to use an absence or sit through class with a headache and I laid back down.

Of course, when you don't have to go to school, when you have the option of getting more rest, you find yourself wide awake. So I got up, played on the Wii Fit, ate breakfast, and proceeded to finish my sermon for this evening. I couldn't guarantee that class would be cancelled this evening. Just when I was on a roll (Shout out to the Holy Spirit!), I heard my telephone vibrating. I picked it up, "Hello." There was silence followed by something along the lines of, "This is the Drew University Weather Emergency Line..." At that point, I stopped paying attention to the message and started dancing! I did the snake...I did the wop...I did the running man...I did the butterfly...I did dances that have yet to be named...all while listening to the recorded message. And then, I laughed at myself. Hard.

(But now I will get back to work. Despite not having class, the sermon is still due.)

Image taken from http://www.memeticians.com/2008/12/18/SnowDay.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment