Thursday, December 10, 2009

Times of Refreshing...

....so I just came in from an extended lunch date with one of my super/fabulous/amazing/inspiring women-folk friends and I realized just how refreshed I was from simply being in her presence, eating, laughing, and even, at times, holding back tears. This made me think about other times in my life when I have been refreshed. I find my greatest refreshment when I am in the company of women who aren't afraid to take off their masks and be real. It invites me to do the same. I find my greatest refreshment when I can stop being tense (aka crossing my legs like a lady) and I can sit back with my legs spread (like men get to do all the time). I find my greatest refreshment when I can look in the eyes of the people I am with and hear their silent affirmations of my being.

How about you? Who and what refreshes you?

No comments:

Post a Comment