Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Inspiration...

inspiration |ˌinspəˈrā sh ən|noun1 the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative : Helen had one of her flashes of inspiration | the history of fashion has provided designers with invaluable inspiration.the quality of having been so stimulated, esp. when evident in something : a rare moment of inspiration in an otherwise dull display.a person or thing that stimulates in this way : he is an inspiration to everyone.a sudden brilliant, creative, or timely idea : then I had an inspiration.the divine influence believed to have led to the writing of the Bible.2 the drawing in of breath; inhalation.an act of breathing in; an inhalation.ORIGIN Middle English (in the sense[divine guidance] ): viaOld French from late Latin inspiratio(n-), from the verbinspirare (see inspire ).

Here's what is inspiring me these days...

My Mini on Nike+
She motivates/guilts me into running. She'll be much happier come January 1st when I have my new Nike+ kicks and wristband to upload my workout information to the site. My goal is to get my self in shape to run a 5K by my 34th (gasp) birthday. It's been 3 years since I've entered and run a race, but I know I can do it! I'll keep you posted...


My Kindergarten Graduation Photo
That's me in the center cheesing! With 142 days until I graduate with a Master of Divinity degree from the Theological School at Drew University, I need some inspiration. Plus, I have a full final semester (Church History 2, Advanced Preaching, Ethically Responding to Violence Against Women, African-American, African, and Caribbean Biblical Interpretations) and I need to remember that if I did it before, I can do it again.

Generativity

The situation, or set of circumstances that allows for physical, spiritual, emotional, creative, and academic reproduction. It involves wholly giving of oneself as a vessel for the nourishment of a human being, dreams, and ideas, who bears resemblance to you. The process involves more than production, but rather it is reproductive, the creation of some form of life that may look, sound, act, or think like you in some way. It involves transformation, both for that which is being nurtured and the one carrying. It is exciting, scary, challenging, and beautiful to say the least. (excerpt from a paper I wrote in January 2008)



And Last, but Never Least...Love
Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head, doesn't force itself on others, isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, doesn't keep score of the sins of others, doesn't revel when others grovel, takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, puts up with anything, trusts God always, always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment