Monday, December 14, 2009

It's the Little Things...

Today I planned to do absolutely nothing (and enjoy it)!

My plan was interrupted at 11:36am when I got a text from my chaplain/mentor/friend Tanya Bennett. We walked down to Soho33 for a fabulous lunch. It was a wonderful mix of tasty arugula salads and great conversation about the church, scholarship, and relationships (and the ways in which they overlap, or don't). For dessert we had coffee and nibbled on a piece of chocolate cake big enough to feed a small army. We walked back to campus and from there I walked home (through the forest by myself--no deer in sight).

My afternoon was spent hula-hooping while watching The Taking of Pelham 123. I have to admit, Denzel Washington gets more handsome every year. Grey hair suits him.


Now I'm going to curl up with the latest copy of Essence magazine, sushi (& moshi balls) delivered by Yuki Hana, and Law & Order reruns. It's the little things that mean much...

No comments:

Post a Comment