Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Things...

On my morning walk today, I realized that as much as Spring is a time of spiritual renewal for me, it is also a time of physical newness. As the sun peeked through the clouds, it was clear to me that hibernation time is over. It is time to shed the bulky layers for lighter wares. It is time to pack away the grays and black for yellows, greens, blues, and pinks. It is time to buff, polish, and slather away the ash to reveal glowing skin. It is time...

I am keenly aware of the trends, but the older I get the less interested I am in trends. These days, I am interesting in things that work well for me. With that in mind, check out just a few of my Spring Things...

Spring Thing #1: A Fresh Face
At thirty, many women will experience adult acne. No one warned me before this happened. It was crazy. But thanks be to God, almost five years later, I have adjusted. I have learned to find new products that work when my skin gets too used to a product (when it stops working). These days, I am using Burt's Bees Radiance Day Cream to moisturize and Acne Solutions cleanser, scrub, and blemish stick.



As far as make-up goes, I am loving a pop of color on my eyes with nude lips. Hence I am using Bobbi Brown's Creamy Lip Color in Heather Buff and Sunset Nude and Lancome's Color Design Shadow Palette in Amethyst Glam and Bronze Amour.




In addition to the product on the outside, the key to a fresh face is drinking lots of water!



Spring Thing #2: Supple Skin
I don't know about you, but the "ash monster" visits me during the winter. In fact, he moves into my house without invitation, never pays rent, and reluctantly leaves in the Spring. This year, to move him out of the way, I am bringing in heavy artillery: Brown Sugar Body Polish and Nivea Body Cream.




Spring Thing #3: Jewel-Toned Dresses and Nails
With supple skin ready, it is time to throw on a pretty dress! Dresses work for me. Not only do they camoflauge my thighs, they make me feel beautiful. My latest snag is this floral number from Target. And we all know that a pretty dress is not complete without manicured nails. This season I am shelving my Essie Chinchilly for OPI Strawberry Margarita!



Spring Thing #4: Healthy Hair
So, this is not just a Spring thing for me, but an all year round thing! This Spring, I have made the decision to keep my hair short and sassy. To maximize the shine, I rinsed my hair black and I use Elasta QP Mango Butter.



- Posted using BlogPress on the fiercest device ever...the iPad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment