Friday, May 1, 2009

Fullness...


I'm feeling some kind of way. Using that turn of phrase is usually a bad thing, but tonight it connotes a feeling of fullness. As the Psalmist says, my cup runneth over. The presence and move of God is overwhelming. I am full. This isn't a feeling of fullness like eating too much at an all you can eat buffet. It is the kind of full that you experience after eating a meal that was made with love and tastes better than anything you've ever had before. It isn't the kind of fullness where you can't get up from the table because you cannot move, rather it is the kind of fullness that leaves you not wanting to get up from the table because you are meditating on just how good the meal was. It is the difference between being stuffed and being satiated. Friends, I have tasted. I have seen. The Lord is indeed good!


If you had told me, some 25 years ago when I was a 2nd grader in Ms. Holiday's class, that this is what my life would be like, I wouldn't have believed you. Who am I kidding--five years ago I couldn't have imagined myself here--scholar, preacher, teacher, artist. I am persuaded that surely goodness and mercy shall follow me--has followed me--all the days of my life. 


Image taken by Donna Olivia Powell, 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment