Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunset Walks...

Today I was running around preparing for Paradise (more to come after the class ends) and by the time I was ready to go to the track for my walk/run it was too late. The Drew Athletic Center hosts some track competition for high school students in January and by the time I was ready to walk they had taken over the parking lots and the building. So, I layered up and made my way outside. I'm glad I went out. I'm used to walking at the crack of dawn or midday. Dusk was different.

Sunset walks produce new sights and new smells. I kind of like it. For example, instead of fresh cut grass, I was met with the smells of logs burning in the fireplace and fresh baked cookies. These smells warmed my soul in the midst of the cold, cold evening air. The sky was the most amazing shade of blue for the majority of my walk--some mixture of cobalt and navy that only God could achieve. There were fewer people out and about--a couple of folks walking dogs. It was just me and God, or at least that's what it felt like. In a weird way, it felt like the world had stopped so I could do my thing. Yeah, I definitely like evening walks...

No comments:

Post a Comment