Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Reflections from the Trenton Half Marathon and 10K

To God be the glory, running the 10K portion of the Trenton Half Marathon and 10K was exhilarating! I was proud to complete the race, without stopping to walk, in 1:32:47. More than that, I was proud to be part of the Black Girls Run! Trenton Takeover. To be part of that movement was exciting; There were sisters of all shades, shapes, and sizes doing their thang on the pavement! When I was ready to walk, I would focus on a BGR! in front of me and use her as my motivation to keep on running. In fact, after crossing the finish line, I thanked a few of those sisters. The best, and hardest, part of the race was seeing the smile on my hubby's face and snuggling with Baby Girl post race (snuggling was hard because this running momma was as sore as sore could be!). Below are a few pictures of the experience. Enjoy!

Baby Girl and I with the founders of BGR!

Race bib and jacket prepped for an early morning rise...

BGR! in full effect...

One of my sisters in ministry and our North/Central Jersey BGR! Sisters...

Edison BGR! representing at Trenton...

Staying close to keep warm...

BGR! Group Picture... (From BGR! Official Facebook Page)

Go! Go! Go! (From Trenton Half's Official Facebook Page)

The email I received shortly after crossing the finish line...

Me and my future BGR!...

Momma, Baby Girl! Check out the race bling!


Edison BGR! Blinging!

Post-Race lunch with hubby...Baby Girl was asleep like she had run 10K!


No comments:

Post a Comment