Thursday, October 3, 2013

Portals into God's Presence: Hold to God's Unchanging Hand

Yesterday I purchased new running sneakers. I don't know if it was the shoes or my fatigue from Wednesday's Body Works plus Abs Class at LA Fitness, but I had a difficult time running today. I'm using the Couch to 10K app, which I've named Sheila; She tells me when to walk and run. I completed my training and ran when I was supposed to but my feet and legs felt time stone pillars for the entire run. It wasn't my best run, but the reality is that I never stopped running. And isn't it that way on the journey of faith. Some days are more difficult than others, but when we keep fast in our relationship with God, we make it through. The same way that I never stopped running—though my pace was slowed at times—as a Christian we overcome difficulties and trials by holding on to our faith, holding on to our God. And so, our hymn for the day is: Hold to God's Unchanging Hand. This weeks video is a sweet country/bluegrass group that, in my estimation, really sings this song. The lyrics and video are below.

Time is filled with swift transition,
Naught of earth unmoved can stand,
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand.

Refrain:
Hold to God’s unchanging hand,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand;
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand.

Trust in Him who will not leave you,
Whatsoever years may bring,
If by earthly friends forsaken
Still more closely to Him cling.

Covet not this world’s vain riches
That so rapidly decay,
Seek to gain the heav’nly treasures,
They will never pass away.

When your journey is completed,
If to God you have been true,
Fair and bright the home in glory
Your enraptured soul will view.



"God's Unchanging Hand" - The Franz Family, Live (Canon 5DmkII) from ColdWater Media on Vimeo.

(If you noticed, the video is from Vimeo and not YouTube. For some strange reason, YouTube has been acting funky on my Macbook and IPhone. Thank God for other video sites!)

No comments:

Post a Comment