Friday, August 24, 2012

The Mommy Diaries: Blessed Quietness

This morning I woke up with the song, "Blessed Quietness" on my heart:

Blessed Quietness, Holy Quietness,
What assurance in my soul;
On the stormy sea, Jesus speaks to me,
And the billows cease to roll...

Being a parent is the most joyful, and most challenging, work I have ever done. There are some moments when it has been stormy, but in this new phase of my life I am leaning on the Lord like never before. It took a delicate, and beautiful, baby girl for me to really recognize--and live out--the fact that God is Sovereign and that I control nothing (nada, zip, zero, zilch). It has taken our daughter trusting me with all her heart to really recognize the absolute trustworthiness of our God. It has taken the (sometimes monotonous) 24/7 cycle of caring for an infant to truly see the Holy in all things. It has taken me loving a human being like I've never loved anyone else before--to the point of putting all of her needs before my own--to glimpse the depths of love that God has for us and shown to us through His Son.

So on this day, I am grateful for Baby Girl for preaching the good news to me day in and day out. And, so not to push my luck, I am going to end this post as I am writing it in the blessed quietness of Baby Girl napping with the hum of the washing machine off in the distance.

Also, shout out to Jasmine LaShawn who stopped by to help me with Baby Girl yesterday. As little lady napped, she helped me to organize my office space in the nursery, making this post possible. Stop by her blog, Princess Reflections, and be blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment