Monday, July 16, 2012

Think on These Things...


Lately fear has been attempting to creep in and keep me in comfortable places where I have no business. Doubt has been whispering sweet nothings in my ears trying to contradict the word of God in my heart. And so, this song has been ministering to my spirit lately. Most recently during worship at Bethesda after the choir finished their 2nd reprise of the song, the preacher of the hour said, "Stop trying to psychoanalyze everything and just say, "Yes Lord."

I, simultaneously, hate it and love it when a preacher gets all in my business.

All up in my business...I hate it because, well, conviction hurts. Instead of being fully present in the moment, like Jesus said in Matthew 6: 25-34, I have been regretfully hitting rewind and anxiously hitting fast forward. Instead of acknowledging the Lord and letting my path be directed, wisdom found in Proverbs 3:6, I have been trying to figure things out. Futile, I know.

All up in my business...I love it because there is nothing sweeter than operating in the will of God for your life. I constantly have to remind myself that God has a plan for my life and that ALL things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to HIS purpose (Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28).

I don't know about you, but I know that God has spoken to me. May it be so...



No comments:

Post a Comment