Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!!!




Today is my 37th Birthday! Pretty uneventful, except for the breath and blessings that abound in my life. I say uneventful because its not 30 or 35 or 40. I say uneventful because hubby is away at a conference, so we didn't get to spend the day together. I say uneventful because I spent the better part of the day on the road, traveling from grandma's home and back again so baby girl could go to the doctor (again) for a pesky ear infection. But the reality is that it is and was an eventful day. I have breath in my lungs, a God who has blessed me to see another year, and a family that loves my raw, vulnerable, no make-up self (they love the powerful preachin' teachin' woman, too). And although the memories of 35 are faded and the anticipation of 40 lingers in the air like a sweet smelling perfume, I am excited about this 37th year! I am excited about the lessons in ministry, marriage, and motherhood that await me. I am excited about shedding old stuff and living into the truth that I am good enough. I am excited because I know that God is up to something and I eagerly wait for God's good and perfect will to be done in my life. So, join me in wishing me a Happy and Blessed Birthday!

P.S. As I emerge from the fog of the first year of baby girl's life, I am eager to integrate me back into my life. That said, I'll be blogging more often. I cannot say how much, as baby girl has taught me to be more spontaneous, but it will certainly be more...

image taken from: http://blogs.aspitalia.com/rickyvr/post2410/Buon-Compleanno-ASPItalia.com.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment