Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Adventures of a Pregnant Woman #480

I must admit, I have become that woman. You know the pregnant woman whose life and conversation revolves around being pregnant. I imagine I'll be that mother who always talks about her children. In any case, I don't mind...

On Friday I went to Target to get a prescription filled for my anti-nausea medication. When I dropped off the script at the pharmacy counter, the pharmacist told me to come back in 15 minutes.

15 minutes.

That is an eternity, in a good way, for a first-time expectant mom.

Usually I stroll through Target picking up everything from fabric softener, cutesy dresses, and thank-you cards. I troll around the sale rack finding six-dollar dresses that make my mom envious. But this time I made a bee-line for the baby section. In 15-minutes I managed to pick up the tiniest, most beautiful, pink and brown leather boots for baby girl next winter. I wish I could say I stopped there, but I didn't. I got onsies and layettes and jeans and socks and two outfits for our little lady to leave the hospital in. (I know, I know, she's only leaving the hospital once. Perhaps she'll have an outfit change before she gets home like they do at the awards shows. Just kidding!) I got outfits with flowers and stripes and giraffes that tout her love for mom, dad's love for her, and grandma's affection. (Target is clearly biased. I saw no outfits proclaiming grandpa's affection. I'm still on the hunt. For some reason I well up with tears thinking about my dad holding our baby girl.)







Three shopping bags and 15 minutes later, I went to pick up my prescription. Thank God I have auto-refill. Otherwise we'd all be in trouble...Target is now carrying Gwen Stefani's Harajuku line for newborns!

- Posted using BlogPress on the fiercest device ever...the iPad!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG...u r a blogger. I do the same thing when I go fill perscriptions at walgreens and I dont even have a baby. I finally started using the drive thru. Glad you are doing well. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete